Church Services and Church Search
Last Updated - 2nd September 2020
Meeting in Person
Our thirty four churches have all had to close their buildings through the Coronavirus outbreak following both Governmental Regulation and Methodist Regulation. During the summer it was announced that, with important safety measures in place, churches could begin to reopen their buildings for use, both for themselves and for outside groups. As well as the building being risk assessed, all activities which take place must be fully risk assessed by the group running them and safety measures put in place.
In terms of worship this will mean a very different experience to the "normal" service you might expect in a Methodist Church on a Sunday. Each church, when it opens, will of course offer worship in their own way.
The pace at which each church decides, or is able, to reopen will of course be down to its trustees and there will be much work to be done in preparation. If you are interested in finding out where your local church is up to in the process, why not use the church search below to contact them via their website.
During this period when many have not been able to access worship in person we have been encouraging all those who are able to access worship in another way. A list of helpful suggestions for Autumn 2020 are below.
Live Worship Services
District Online Worship
Our primary recommended worship together during the autumn will continue to be the live District services of which we have been supporting the running over the last six months. This is a great opportunity to engage with a much wider group of Methodists across the midlands in worship.
These happen on the FIRST and THIRD Sunday's of the month.
- Read more about District Live Worship here.
- Click here to view the YouTube Channel at 10:25am on a Sunday morning to watch live, or click the same link at any time to watch previous services.
- Click here to view the Facebook Page at 10:25am on a Sunday morning to watch live, or click the same link at any time to watch previous services. You do not have to be a member of Facebook to access these things.
On Sundays when there is no District Services there are many other options to view from within and outside of our circuit, a list is below, and don't forget to check whether your local church is doing something you might join with as well.
Circuit Churches with Online Worship
- The Church at Carrs Lane, recorded worship uploaded to their Facebook each Sunday, https://www.facebook.com/carrslanelife
- Solihull Methodist Church, recorded worship uploaded to their YouTube Channel each Sunday, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOMv1hdqDfQ1IGVp1qfF--w
Connexional (National) Online Worship
- Methodist Central Hall Westminster, Sundays 11.00, https://mchw.live
- Wesley's Chapel London who will live-stream from the chapel (the Minister lives on the premises), Sundays 11am, www.youtube.com/channel/UCUAUqhmhevz5sqhh72LIMxA
- Swan Bank Methodist Church in Burslem, this worship will be studio based – with strict distancing rules being followed, Sundays 10:30, www.youtube.com/user/SwanBank and www.facebook.com/swanbank/
Sthie ('At home') To join in a very different worship experience, try Sthie ('At home') from the Isle of Man. Join in live on Sundays by joining a Facebook group. For details see www.andyfishburne.com/2020/03/15/sthie-at-home-online-worship/ or you can watch previous live-streamed videos at www.youtube.com/andyfishburne
Local Online Community
Many churches have been meeting virtually on Zoom or via other online video services for fellowship and support during this trying and difficult period. Do get in touch with your local church using the church search below if you would like to connect into whatever your local church is doing.
Watching on TV or Listening on the Radio
For those not online, please do remind them of radio and TV that might help, such as BBC One Sunday Worship, Songs of Praise, Choral Evensong, Daily Service or Radio 4 Sunday Worship. Local churches are also often print and distributing materials to those not online, so do contact your local church to see what they are offering.
Birmingham Circuit Churches
Welcome to our church search facility. Please type your postcode or location in to find one of our churches near you.
If you would rather view all of our churches on a Google Map, then you can click here.
Please note, many of our churches hire out their halls for groups and hirers, if you wish to hire a church hall then contact a church directly rather than our central office team.