Church Services and Church Search
Last Updated - Sept 2022
Meeting in Person
Our thirty two churches have all had to respond very seriously to the Coronavirus outbreak, following both Governmental Regulation and Methodist Regulation. During the summer of 2020 it was announced that, with important safety measures in place, churches could begin to reopen their buildings for use, both for themselves and for outside groups. As well as the building being risk assessed, all activities which take place have had to be fully risk assessed by the group running them and safety measures put in place.
During this period when many have not been able to access worship in person we have been encouraging all those who are able to access worship in another way. A list of helpful suggestions are below.
This is a great way to engage with Church during these trying times, whilst staying safe.
Live Worship Services
Circuit Churches with Online Worship
- The Church at Carrs Lane, recorded worship uploaded to their Facebook each Sunday, https://www.facebook.com/carrslanelife
- Great Barr and Perry Hall Methodist Churches are sharing in online worship on their facebook page on the SECOND and FOURTH Sunday's of the month (alternating with the District Services), https://www.facebook.com/greatbarrmethodistchurch
- Lyndon Methodist Church is now sharing a Sunday service on its YouTube channel each week, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZzASmbs1qMblLvf0qd98BA
- Solihull Methodist Church, recorded worship uploaded to their YouTube Channel each Sunday, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOMv1hdqDfQ1IGVp1qfF--w
- Inclusive Gathering Birmingham has a service every 1st Sunday of the month at 3pm via this page, https://inclusivegathering.org.uk/video/online-inclusive-worship-gatherings/
Connexional (National) Online Worship
- Methodist Central Hall Westminster, Sundays 11.00, https://mchw.live
- Wesley's Chapel London who will live-stream from the chapel (the Minister lives on the premises), Sundays 11am, www.youtube.com/channel/UCUAUqhmhevz5sqhh72LIMxA
- Swan Bank Methodist Church in Burslem, this worship will be studio based – with strict distancing rules being followed, Sundays 10:30, www.youtube.com/user/SwanBank and www.facebook.com/swanbank/
Sthie ('At home') To join in a very different worship experience, try Sthie ('At home') from the Isle of Man. Join in live on Sundays by joining a Facebook group. For details see www.andyfishburne.com/2020/03/15/sthie-at-home-online-worship/ or you can watch previous live-streamed videos at www.youtube.com/andyfishburne
Watching on TV or Listening on the Radio
For those not online, please do remind them of radio and TV that might help, such as BBC One Sunday Worship, Songs of Praise, Choral Evensong, Daily Service or Radio 4 Sunday Worship. Local churches are also often print and distributing materials to those not online, so do contact your local church to see what they are offering.
Birmingham Circuit Churches
Welcome to our church search facility. Please type your postcode or location in to find one of our churches near you.
If you would rather view all of our churches on a Google Map, then you can click here.
Please note, many of our churches hire out their halls for groups and hirers, if you wish to hire a church hall then contact a church directly rather than our central office team.