Below is a list of all of the Birmingham Methodist Circuit meetings coming up in 2017-18. Where an event is open the venue has been named, and if the venue has not been named then this is a closed meeting. Please contact the organiser of a meeting if you wish to attend a meeting of which the venue has not been named.
Please note that Circuit Services and Social Events ARE NOT listed below. Please visit our Upcoming Events page for further details of these, along with the events which all of our thirty seven churches are running.
We also have some regular groups within our circuit and churches which you might be interested in attending. You can find these here.
If you are a member of staff looking for Staff Meeting, Ministers Meeting, or Lay Workers Meeting Dates. Then please click here for those details.
To find dates for our Methodist District's Meetings please visit their website here.
The Circuit Assembly is our bi-annual gathering of circuit trustees. Our trustees are made up of representatives from our thirty seven churches. This meeting is where important decisions about our circuit are made. This is an open meeting, if you're interested in attending as a representative of your church then please talk to your Minister.
- Wednesday 20th September, 7:00pm, at The Church at Carrs Lane
- Saturday 24th March, 10am - 1pm, at The Church at Carrs Lane
The Circuit Executive meets almost every month. They are the key decision making body for our circuit and report to the Circuit Assembly. This is a closed meeting. If you are interested in finding out more about the executive and what it does then please talk to you church steward or minister.
- Monday 4th September, 7:30pm
- Tuesday 10th October, 7:30pm
- Wednesday 8th November, 7:30pm
- Thursday 14th December, 7:30pm (if necessary)
- Monday 8th January, 7:30pm
- Monday 12th February, 7:30pm
- Wednesday 7th March, 7:30pm
- Thursday 10th May, 7:30pm
- Monday 11th June, 7:30pm
The Circuit Executive delegates much of its responsibility to the three forums listed below. If you are a member of our circuit and are interested in getting involved in circuit decision making then attending these forums is a great way to do so.
This forum makes decisions about anything to do with resources including staffing, finance and property. If you are interested in finding out more about this forum please contact Reverend Alison Richards.
- Tuesday 12th September, 5:30pm
- Tuesday 31st October, 5:30pm
- Tuesday 5th December, 5:30pm
- Tuesday 6th February, 5:30pm
- Tuesday 1st May, 5:30pm
This meeting is a gathering for all those who are interested in property in our circuit. This Novembers meeting will be at Selly Oak where they are currently undergoing a kitchen refurbishment. Ideas and good practice will be shared, including a talk on Health and Safety in churches. For more details please contact Sue Saunderson.
- Thursday 16th November, 7:00pm at Selly Oak Methodist Church
This meeting is for all Church Treasurers and is lead by Andrew Morris our Circuit Treasurer. This is a closed meeting - if you are a treasurer you can get in touch with Andrew about the meeting here.
- Thursday 11th January, 7:30pm
Worship Learning and Caring Forum
This forum meets to discuss many different topics including pastoral care, safeguarding, small groups, preachers, worship leaders and musicians, training, children and young people, circuit cohesion and fresh expression. Fresh expressions includes Messy Church, Open the Book, Cafe Church and Jazz Communit Church. The forum is convened by Reverend David Alford - you can email him here.
- Wednesday 6th December, 7:30pm
- Thursday 8th February, 7:30pm
- Wednesday 11th July, 7:30pm
Preachers and Worship Leaders Meeting
This is a meeting for Preachers and Worship Leaders and is where they gather for important information, learning, and to share. This group is organised by Reverend Tony Malcolm who you contact here.
- Wednesday 27th September, 7:30pm
- Wednesday 29th November, 7:30pm
- Thursday 1st March, 10:30am
- Wednesday 27th June, 7:30pm
Service and Evangelism Forum
This forum meets twice a year to discuss many different matters to do with Social Justice and Evangelism. The forum is lead by Reverend Neil Johnson and new members of the forum are always welcome - email Neil to let him know if you plan to attend.
- Wednesday 13th September, 7:30pm, at The Church at Carrs Lane
- Thursday 15th February, 7:30pm, at The Church at Carrs Lane
This meeting list is kept updated by the Central Office Team. Please email them here or call them on 0121 616 1800 if you spot anything incorrect or missing from the above listings.