Below is a list of all of the Birmingham Methodist Circuit meetings coming up in 2020-21. Where an event is open the venue has been named, and if the venue has not been named then this is a closed meeting. Please contact the organiser of a meeting if you wish to attend a meeting of which the venue has not been named.
Please note that Circuit Services and Social Events ARE NOT listed below. Please visit our Upcoming Events page for further details of these, along with the events which all of our thirty six churches are running.
We also have some regular groups within our circuit and churches which you might be interested in attending. You can find these here.
If you are a member of staff looking for Staff Meeting, Ministers Meeting, or Lay Workers Meeting Dates. Then please click here for those details.
To find dates for our Methodist District's Meetings please visit their website here.
The Circuit Assembly is our bi-annual gathering of circuit trustees. Our trustees are made up of representatives from our thirty four churches. This meeting is where important decisions about our circuit are made. This is an open meeting, if you're interested in attending as a representative of your church then please talk to your Minister.
- Saturday 19th September 2020, 10am via Zoom
- Saturday 27th March 2021
- Wednesday 15th September 2021, 7.00pm
The Circuit Executive meets almost every month. They are the key decision making body for our circuit and report to the Circuit Assembly. This is a closed meeting. If you are interested in finding out more about the executive and what it does then please talk to you church steward or minister.
- Tuesday 1st September 2020, 7.30pm
- Monday 5th October 2020, 7.30pm
- Monday 2nd November 2020, 7.30pm
- Tuesday 8th December 2020, 7.30pm
- Thursday 7th January 2021, 7.30pm
- Monday 8th February 2021, 7.30pm
- Thursday 4th March 2021, 7.30pm
- Thursday 6th May 2021, 7.30pm
- Monday 7th June 2021, 7.30pm
The Circuit Executive delegates much of its responsibility to the three forums listed below. If you are a member of our circuit and are interested in getting involved in circuit decision making then attending these forums is a great way to do so.
This forum makes decisions about anything to do with resources including staffing, finance and property. If you are interested in finding out more about this forum please contact Reverend Alison Richards.
- Wednesday 16th September 2020, 2.30pm
- Tuesday 10th November 2020, 2.30pm
- Wednesday 8th December 2020, 2.30pm
- Tuesday 2nd February 2021, 2.30pm
- Tuesday 27th April 2021, 2.30pm
- Tuesday 15th June 2021, 2.30pm
- Tuesday 24th August 2021, 2.30pm
This meeting is a gathering for all those who are interested in property in our circuit. This Novembers meeting will be at Hall Green United Community Church . For more details please contact Sue Saunderson.
- Thursday 19th November 2020, 7.00pm.
Circuit Property Meeting
This is a closed meeting. For more details please contact Sue Saunderson.
- Friday 9th October 2020, 10.00am – via Zoom
- Tuesday 9th Feburary 2021, 10.00am, Circuit Property Meeting and Circuit Property Stewards, if required.
- Tuesday 11th May 2021, 10.00am, Circuit Property Meeting and Circuit Property Stewards, if required.
This meeting is for all Church Treasurers and is lead by Andrew Morris our Circuit Treasurer. This is a closed meeting - if you are a treasurer you can get in touch with Andrew about the meeting here.
- Thursday 14th January 2021, 7.30pm
Worship Learning and Caring Forum
This forum meets to discuss many different topics including pastoral care, safeguarding, small groups, preachers, worship leaders and musicians, training, children and young people, circuit cohesion and fresh expression. Fresh expressions includes Messy Church, Open the Book, Cafe Church and Jazz Community Church. This forum is organised by Reverend Nick Jones who you contact here.
- To be confirmed.
Preachers and Worship Leaders Meeting
This is a meeting for Preachers and Worship Leaders and is where they gather for important information, learning, and to share. This group is organised by Reverend Nick Jones who you contact here.
- Thursday 24th September 2020, 7.30pm via Zoom
- Wednesday 25th November 2020, 7.30pm
- Tuesday 23rd February 2021, 7.30pm
- Thursday 17th June 2021, 7.30pm
Service and Evangelism Forum
This forum meets twice a year to discuss many different matters to do with Social Justice and Evangelism. The forum is led by Reverend Neil Johnson and new members of the forum are always welcome - email Neil to let him know if you plan to attend.
- To be confirmed.
This meeting list is kept updated by the Central Office Team. Please email them here or call them on 0121 616 1800 if you spot anything incorrect or missing from the above listings.