Below is a list of all of the Birmingham Methodist Circuit meetings coming up in 2019-20. Where an event is open the venue has been named, and if the venue has not been named then this is a closed meeting. Please contact the organiser of a meeting if you wish to attend a meeting of which the venue has not been named.
Please note that Circuit Services and Social Events ARE NOT listed below. Please visit our Upcoming Events page for further details of these, along with the events which all of our thirty six churches are running.
We also have some regular groups within our circuit and churches which you might be interested in attending. You can find these here.
If you are a member of staff looking for Staff Meeting, Ministers Meeting, or Lay Workers Meeting Dates. Then please click here for those details.
To find dates for our Methodist District's Meetings please visit their website here.
The Circuit Assembly is our bi-annual gathering of circuit trustees. Our trustees are made up of representatives from our thirty seven churches. This meeting is where important decisions about our circuit are made. This is an open meeting, if you're interested in attending as a representative of your church then please talk to your Minister.
- Wednesday 18th September 2019, 7.00pm at The Church at Carrs Lane
- Saturday 28th March 2020, 10am - 2pm at The Church at Carrs Lane has been cancelled
- Saturday 19th September 2020, 10am at Solihull Methodist Church
The Circuit Executive meets almost every month. They are the key decision making body for our circuit and report to the Circuit Assembly. This is a closed meeting. If you are interested in finding out more about the executive and what it does then please talk to you church steward or minister.
- Thursday 5th September 2019, 7.30pm
- Monday 7th October 2019, 7.30pm
- Wednesday 6th November 2019, 7.30pm
- Thursday 12th December 2019, 7.30pm
- Monday 6th January 2020, 7.30pm
- Monday 10th February 2020, 7.30pm
- Thursday 5th March 2020, 7.30pm
- Wednesday 6th May 2020, 7.30pm
- Monday 8th June 2020, 7.30pm
The Circuit Executive delegates much of its responsibility to the three forums listed below. If you are a member of our circuit and are interested in getting involved in circuit decision making then attending these forums is a great way to do so.
This forum makes decisions about anything to do with resources including staffing, finance and property. If you are interested in finding out more about this forum please contact Reverend Alison Richards.
- Tuesday 10th September 2019, 2.30pm
- Tuesday 12th November 2019, 2.30pm
- Wednesday 11th December 2019, 2.30pm
- Monday 3rd February 2020, 2.30pm
- Tuesday 28th April 2020, 2.30pm - Cancelled
- Tuesday 23rd June 2020, 2.30pm
This meeting is a gathering for all those who are interested in property in our circuit. This Novembers meeting will be at Hall Green United Community Church . For more details please contact Sue Saunderson.
- Wednesday 20th November 2019, 7.00pm - This meeting will include the following topics - Annual Returns, Introduction to Access Assessment, Heath and Safety Risk Assessment and a tour of Hall Green United Community Church which has recently undergone refurbishment.
Circuit Property Meeting
This is a closed meeting. For more details please contact Sue Saunderson.
- Monday 15th October 2019, 1.30pm – Selly Oak Methodist Church
- Wednesday 22nd January 2020, 1.30pm – Selly Oak Methodist Church (This meeting has now been cancelled)
- Wednesday 8th April 2020, 1.30pm – Selly Oak Methodist Church (This meeting has now been cancelled)
This meeting is for all Church Treasurers and is lead by Andrew Morris our Circuit Treasurer. This is a closed meeting - if you are a treasurer you can get in touch with Andrew about the meeting here.
- Thursday 9th January 2020, 7.30pm
Worship Learning and Caring Forum
This forum meets to discuss many different topics including pastoral care, safeguarding, small groups, preachers, worship leaders and musicians, training, children and young people, circuit cohesion and fresh expression. Fresh expressions includes Messy Church, Open the Book, Cafe Church and Jazz Community Church. This forum is organised by Reverend Nick Jones who you contact here.
- Thursday 27th February 2020, 7.00pm
- Wednesday 8th July 2020, 7.30pm
Preachers and Worship Leaders Meeting
This is a meeting for Preachers and Worship Leaders and is where they gather for important information, learning, and to share. This group is organised by Reverend Nick Jones who you contact here.
- Tuesday 16th June 2019, 7.30pm
- Wednesday 25th September 2019, 7.30pm
- Wednesday 27th November 2019, 7.30pm
- Thursday 6th February 2020, 7.30pm
- Tuesday 16th June 2020, 7.30pm
Annual Worship Leaders meeting
- Monday 2nd March 2020, 7.30pm - 9.00pm at The Church at Carrs Lane
Service and Evangelism Forum
This forum meets twice a year to discuss many different matters to do with Social Justice and Evangelism. The forum is led by Reverend Neil Johnson and new members of the forum are always welcome - email Neil to let him know if you plan to attend.
- Wednesday 11th September 2019, 7.30pm at The Church at Carrs Lane
- Thursday 13th February 2020, 7.30pm at The Church at Carrs Lane
This meeting list is kept updated by the Central Office Team. Please email them here or call them on 0121 616 1800 if you spot anything incorrect or missing from the above listings.