We are a ethnically mixed congregation of around 60-100 depending on event and season, including 10-25 young people aged between 18 months and 18 years. The majority of our children are primary school age. The church has a strong musical tradition with a highly competent organist and a choir which meets for special occasions eg Christmas and Easter. Music includes the use of Hymns and Psalms, Songs and Hymns of Fellowship (Bk.1) and our own Supplementary Song Book. There is a reading rota for lessons; most members (including young people) participate. We belong to "Churches Together in Northfield". joining for special services and co- operating in social and witness functions.
We have several key priorities to our church life:
- Worship - to provide the means of worthy worship for the whole church family and to strengthen the life of the local church through the development of appropriate ways to enable members to respond to God and fulfill that to which He calls each in life.
- Nurture - to provide adequate instruction appropriate to age and stage in faith development for all on the church community roll that each may come to acknowledge Jesus as Saviour and Lord, and grow in grace and holiness.
- Pastoral oversight : to enable a sense of belonging: to stimulate the church community, to develop a pastoral concern and to provide structures for the pastoral support of all on the church community roll.
- Service - to enable each member of the church to discover his or her christian vocation in the church and in the world. And to be trained and sustained in continuing the ministry of Christ.
- Social action - to increase activity in, and financial support for, Christian work within the locality, within the nation, and throughout the world.
- Mission - to proclaim the Christian Gospel and present the challenge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
We have two services on a Sunday, our main service is at 10:30am and includes family worship and a Junior Church, and we have a 9:30am Holy communion on the 2nd Sunday of each month.
Contact Details for the Minister
Our Minister is Reverend Vincent Jambawo, you can find his contact details using the Minister Search.
Click here to find us on Google - we're just off the high street on Chatham Road.
Buses 61,62,63 along the A38 Bristol Road stop outside the swimming baths at the south end of Northfield shopping area. The church is a fewyards off the Bristol Road along Chatham Road.
- 6:00pm - Cubs and Beavers
- 7:30pm - Scouts
- 7:30pm - Monday Club (monthly)
- 7:45pm - Fellowship Group (fortnightly)
- 7:30pm - Badminton Club
- 12:30pm - Lunch Club
- 2:15pm - Thursday Fellowship